Twitter deal ‘can’t move forward’: Mask
Billionaire entrepreneur and Tesla boss Elon Musk says he would go ahead with his San Francisco-based microblogging platform Twitter’s $ 44 billion takeover if Twitter is able to prove that less than 5 percent of its users are bots.
He responded to a user on Twitter who wrote that Musk was looking for a better deal because $ 44 billion seemed too much, with 20 percent of users having fake or spam accounts.
Musk tweeted, “20 percent of fake / spam accounts, where Twitter claims to be 4 times more *. My offer was based on the accuracy of Twitter’s SEC filing.
Twitter CEO Parag Agarwal also tweeted on Monday night that internal estimates of spam accounts on social media platforms had been “below 5 percent” over the past four quarters, in response to Musk’s criticism of the company’s handling of fake accounts. He responded to Agarwal’s explanation of the company’s approach with a pop emoji.
“So how do advertisers know what they’re getting paid for?” This is fundamental to Twitter’s financial health. ”
Earlier in the day, Musk had said that there could be at least four times more fake accounts than the company claimed. The news agency Reuters quoted him as saying, “You can’t pay the same price for something much worse than their claim.”
He added that Twitter’s কম 44 billion deal was “not out of the question.” “The more I ask questions, the more my anxiety grows,” Musk noted. He added, “They claim that they have this complex mechanism that only they can understand … It cannot be some deep mystery that could be more complex than the human soul or something like that.”
Leave a Reply